Filing a claim with Citizens has never been easier. Citizens’ myPolicy tool enables you to submit a claim directly from your computer or mobile device to get you quickly back on the road to recovery.
Once registered with myPolicy, you can file a new claim or view information on an existing claim 24/7. Here’s what you’ll need to get a claim started:
- Policy number (available on your policyholder ID, the front page of your policy and on the policy declaration page). You can select your policy from the drop-down menu on the claim submission form.
- Contact information, including any temporary addresses and/or phone numbers
- Damage description (example: a tree fell on the roof, lightning struck house)
Once you file your claim through myPolicy, you’ll receive an email with your claim number and contact information for your Citizens claims adjuster. Your Citizens adjuster will call to find out more details and schedule your inspection, if needed.
Have any other questions? myPolicy has the tools you need to:
- Access your policy details, coverages, home construction information and more.
- View and download your policy documents (excluding claims documents).
- Make a payment, confirm a payment or check your next billing due date.
- Enroll in paperless/electronic delivery of documents (Personal Lines policyholders only).
Have Additional Claims Documents? Contact Us.
After a claim is filed, additional documents and photographs can help resolve the claim more quickly. While myPolicy is not currently equipped to handle supplemental claims information, policyholders can submit additional information electronically on our claim document submission page. Just follow the instructions to submit documents, photographs and correspondence pertaining to your claim.
Other Ways to Reach Us
While your computer or mobile device may be the most efficient way to find most of what you need, Citizens continues to provide person-to-person contacts to answer questions or help you file a claim if you cannot do so through myPolicy.
24/7 Claims/Customer Care Hotline: 866.411.2742
When you call, a customer service representative will ask you for the following information:
- Your policy number
- Your contact information, including any temporary addresses or phone numbers where you can be reached if you have been displaced
- Damage description
Call even if you are missing some of this information. Citizens will be able to assist you.
Deaf/Hard of Hearing
Florida Telecommunication Relay Service 24/7
So, however you decide to contact us – via computer, smartphone or landline – we’re here to help.