The Florida Market Assistance Plan (FMAP) is free and convenient online property insurance referral service that matches property owners looking to insure their property with agents able to find private-market coverage for their personal, rental and vacation homes in Florida.
How it Works
When you register with FMAP, your property information is sent to agents participating in FMAP. If an agent believes they can help you find private-market coverage, they will contact you to gather any additional information needed and will provide you with information and quotes from private-market companies interested in providing coverage for your homes. Agents who receive your information through FMAP cannot place your policy with Citizens.
What You’ll Need
When you register with FMAP, you’ll be asked to provide basic information about your property. Most of the necessary information can be found through the following resources:
- Current or previous property insurance policy
- Property appraisal
- Your local county property appraiser’s office
Registering with FMAP is as easy as:
- Register your contact information at www.fmap.org.
- Request a quote by completing a short questionnaire about the property you want to insure.
- Agents will contact you by phone or email to discuss insurance options in your area.
Let FMAP help you insure your home. Get started today by visiting www.fmap.org or calling 800.524.9023.