Your safety is Citizens’ first priority. If your home is damaged, make sure you and your family are safe and your property is secure. If your property is unsafe, do not try to enter your home.
Call Citizens First
As soon as you become aware of or suspect damage, call Citizens’ toll-free claims hotline. The Claims hotline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Real people, not a computer, will take your claim and start you on the road to recovery. With this information, Citizens can begin to assist you with your claim.
You can report a claim to Citizens even before you know the full extent of damage. There is no cost to report a claim. Citizens will work with you to make sure any covered damage is repaired quickly and correctly.
Claims Hotline – 866.411.2742
Have the following information available when you call:
- Your policy number
- Your contact information, including any temporary addresses or phone numbers
- Damage description (example: tree fell on roof, lightning struck house)
- Mortgage company information (if applicable)
Call even if you are missing some of this information. Citizens will be able to assist you.
Important policy contract changes affect payment for emergency measures and permanent repairs following a loss. All new and renewing HO-3, HO-6 and DP-3 policies are affected.
Learn what is changing.
Policyholder Declaration of Rights
Citizens is committed to providing the best possible customer service to its policyholders. As part of that commitment, Citizens adheres to the following:
- Created by Citizens as part of its Plan of Operation
- Applies to all Citizens policyholders
- Created by the Florida Legislature
- Applies to any personal residential property insurance claim filed with property and casualty insurance companies operating in Florida