Sinkhole Repairs - Public
Publicador de contenidos
Florida law requires that you begin repairs within 90 days of being notified by Citizens that there is confirmed sinkhole damage. Once repairs are begun, you will have 12 months to complete all repairs.
- Stabilization repairs generally take five to six months to complete, once a stabilization contract is signed. This includes a curing period that must occur after the grouting has been completed.
- Building damage repairs typically take three to four months to complete, depending on the extent of the damage and your contractor's schedule.
Eligible policyholders may elect to have repairs coordinated through Citizens' Voluntary Sinkhole Stabilization Managed Repair Program.
If you do not wish or are not eligible to participate in the Voluntary Sinkhole Stabilization Managed Repair Program, you may choose a stabilization company to stabilize the sinkhole in accordance with Citizens’ engineer's report. Stabilization companies require a copy of the engineer's report to provide an estimate. You either can:
- Provide the stabilization company with a copy of the report sent to you by Citizens
- Request that Citizens provide the stabilization company with a copy of the report by emailing email@example.com. You also can submit your request to Citizens by mail at:
Custodian of Records
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
2101 Maryland Circle
Tallahassee, FL 32303
Include your name, phone number, and policy and claim numbers in your request.
Policies are issued for one-year terms. If your policy expires while your claim is open, you will be offered a renewal in most cases. Once your claim has been resolved and closed, Citizens may review your policy to determine eligibility for future coverage.
In order to continue coverage with Citizens, sinkhole stabilization repairs must be performed in a timely manner and in accordance with our engineer's recommendations.
Header - Spotlight
Publicador de contenidos
Voluntary Sinkhole Stabilization Managed Repair Program
Citizens created the Voluntary Sinkhole Stabilization Managed Repair Program to help qualifying policyholders complete approved sinkhole stabilization repairs quickly and correctly.
The program gives policyholders access to a network of vendors whose work is professionally monitored and warranted for five years. All repairs are made in accordance with the engineer's Final Report and Scope of Work.
- Citizens coordinates all approved stabilization repairs on the policyholder's behalf.
- Policyholders have access to prequalified and credentialed stabilization contractors.
- All approved and completed stabilization repairs have a five-year warranty.
- All work is monitored by a professional engineering company.
If your claim meets the eligibility requirements for participation in Citizens' Voluntary Sinkhole Stabilization Managed Repair Program, Citizens will notify you directly.