Citizens will be closed Monday, January 17, for Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. To report a loss during this time, contact our 24/7, toll-free Claims Reporting Center at 866.411.2742. Citizens will resume regular business hours on Tuesday, January 18.
Citizens sells policies through independent partner agencies and their appointed agents. Roughly 4,500 agencies currently are appointed with Citizens. Agencies can request appointment with Citizens through myAgency, Citizens’ agency management system.
Individual agents seeking to sell and service Citizens policies must be appointed by an established Citizens agency. You can find Citizens agencies in your area by searching the Agent Lookup tool.
For more information, contact our Agency Field Management team.
How to Join Citizens
Agencies seeking appointment with Citizens must meet the following requirements:
- Registered with the Florida Department of Financial Services (DFS) through e-Appoint
- DFS agency registration/licensing number for each location
- Active Errors and Omissions policy with limits of at least $1 million/$1 million that covers all appointed agents.
- Register with Citizens through myAgency.
- Only agency principals or their designees can complete an agency appointment application.
Only agency principals or their designees whose agencies are established with Citizens can appoint agents. Agents must meet the following additional requirements to be appointed with Citizens:
- 2-20 or 20-44 Florida resident agent license or a 9-20 or 90-44 nonresident agent license.
- Appointment with at least one authorized insurer writing one or more of the following lines of business:
- Personal Residential
- Commercial Residential
- Commercial Nonresidential Property
For a list of companies currently writing new business in Florida, view the Eligible Company Matrix.
Agency principals and their designees can appoint agents through myAgency.
- Appointed agents must complete the New Agent Onboarding curriculum. This six-module training will be assigned to to them following the initial application submission.
- A $125 appointment fee is required for each agent appointed. This fee is due annually and can be paid through myAgency.
Register with myAgency
Register Your Agency
To request agency appointment with Citizens, agency principals must register with myAgency.* You will need the following information to begin you myAgency registration:
- Agency name and type
- Federal Tax Identification Number (TIN)
- Agency principal contact information
Once registered, you will need the following information to appoint agents:
- DFS license numbers for all appointed agents and LCRs
- Proof of an Errors & Omissions insurance policy with limits of at least $1 million/$1 million that covers all appointed agents
- Agency W-9
- Electronic Agency Commission Payment Agreement and a voided agency check copy.
*myAgency requires the Google Chrome web browser; other browsers may result in incomplete registration and system errors.
Header - Login Instructions
Agents Login Instructions
Appointed agents, agency principals and their designees can log into the Agents website from any page on the Citizens website:
- Select Login on the top right of your screen. You will be redirected to the Citizens Login page.
- Enter your Citizens Username and Password, then click Submit. You will be redirected to the Agents site, which is identifiable by a green header bar.
To return to the public website, select Public from the My Sites drop-down menu at the top of any page.
Agency principals and their designees can log into myAgency from the Systems menu or the myAgency page on the Agents website.*
*myAgency requires the Google Chrome web browser; other browsers may result in incomplete information and system errors.
Header - Resources
Agents - Product Lines
Homeowners (HO-3, HW-2)
Modified Homeowners (HO-8)
Dwelling Fire (DP-1, DP-3, DW-2)
Condominium Unit Owners (HO-6, HW-6)
Mobile Homeowners (MHO-3, MW-2)
Mobile Home Dwelling Fire (MDP-1, MD-1)
Tenant/Renters Contents (HO-4, HW-4)
Mobile Home Tenant/Renters Contents (MHO-4)
Commercial Residential (CR-M, CR-W)
Commercial Nonresidential (CNR-M, CNR-W)