Citizens will be closed Monday, January 17, for Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. To report a loss during this time, contact our 24/7, toll-free Claims Reporting Center at 866.411.2742. Citizens will resume regular business hours on Tuesday, January 18.
Publicador de contenidos
Your wind mitigation inspection must be conducted by an authorized inspector who meets the minimum qualifications for wind mitigation inspectors, as established by Florida law.
Authorized inspectors must hold an active license as one of the following:
- Home inspector licensed under Section 468.8314, Florida Statutes, and who has completed both the statutory number of hours of hurricane mitigation training approved by the Construction Industry Licensing Board and a proficiency exam
- Building code inspector certified under Section 468.607, Florida Statutes
- General, building or residential contractor licensed under Section 489.111, Florida Statutes
- Professional engineer licensed under Section 471.015, Florida Statutes
- Professional architect licensed under Section 481.213, Florida Statutes
- Any other individual or entity recognized by the insurer as possessing the necessary qualifications to properly complete the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Form (OIR-B1-1802) required by Florida law
Any authorized inspector can conduct your wind mitigation inspection and complete the OIR-B1-1802 form.