Who We Are - Public
Publicador de contenidos
A Purpose-Driven Mission
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation plays a crucial role in Florida’s property insurance marketplace by providing property insurance protection to people who are in good faith entitled to obtain coverage through the private market but are unable to do so. As one of Florida’s leading insurers of Florida homes and businesses, we strive to ensure that our customers receive service that is comparable to private-market standards.
Citizens is a not-for-profit company whose employees are driven first and foremost by our mission of service to the people of Florida. In addition to providing a quality product and service, we strive to be good stewards of the premium funds entrusted to us and are committed to modeling the highest level of ethical behavior.
Our purpose-driven mission informs every action and decision we make, and we are proud of the valuable service we provide to our customers and the Florida marketplace.
Citizens was created by the Florida Legislature in August 2002 as a not-for-profit, tax-exempt, government entity to provide property insurance to eligible Florida property owners unable to find insurance coverage in the private market. Citizens is funded by policyholder premiums; however, Florida law also requires that Citizens levy assessments on most Florida policyholders if it experiences a deficit in the wake of a particularly devastating storm or series of storms.
Citizens operates according to statutory requirements established by the Florida Legislature and is governed by a Board of Governors. The board administers a Plan of Operation approved by the Florida Financial Services Commission, an oversight panel made up of the Governor, Chief Financial Officer, Attorney General and Commissioner of Agriculture.
Header - Learn More
Publicador de contenidos
Efficiently provide property insurance protection in Florida to those who are, in good faith, entitled to obtain coverage through the private market but are unable to do so, while also providing levels of customer service that are comparable to the standards of the private market.
As a government entity fulfilling a public purpose, Citizens aspires to provide insurance products and services that meet the needs of Florida property owners who are, in good faith, entitled to obtain coverage through the private market but are unable to do so. We strive to reduce the financial burden on all Floridians by being good stewards of the premium funds entrusted to us. In all that we do, we conduct ourselves with the highest level of ethical behavior.
- Public Service: We support the private marketplace, providing quality service to our customers and being there when Florida policyholders need us.
- Integrity: We embrace our values and code of ethics with pride.
- Respect: We are polite, courteous and respect one another and those we serve.
- Responsiveness: We provide quality service that meets the needs of our customers.
- Sound Judgment: In every situation, we strive to do the right thing.
- Operate as an efficient residual market.
- Ensure a strong financial operating environment.
- Operate a streamlined, scalable and customer-focused organization.
- Protect the public interest and maintain the integrity of the corporation.
- Identify, educate and effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.