20220224 - Resources for Inspections - Public
Publicador de contenidos
Resources for Inspections
February 24, 2022
Citizens announced in the January 7, 2022, Personal Lines Bulletin that we are increasing the number of property inspections to align with the private market.
Citizens' Underwriters will require inspections for selected new-business and existing policies. These inspections, free to the policyholder, will assist with verifying eligibility, replacement value and certain building characteristics.
Note: These inspections may be ordered for any policy type.
When Citizens orders an inspection, PolicyCenter® assigns the agent an activity called Property Inspection Ordered, which will provide the name of the inspection company and the type of inspection ordered.
To notify our policyholders about the inspection, PolicyCenter now will send an automated email to the policyholder advising that an inspection of the property is required. The agent will be copied on this email. If the policyholder doesn’t have an email address in PolicyCenter, we will not send the email.
The inspection company will contact the policyholder within a week of this email with more details.
After the inspector submits the inspection report, Underwriters will send the agent an activity if further action is required (for example, proof of repairs).
- Policyholders who do not have an email address on file will not receive the automated email from Citizens, nor will the agent.
- Please ensure Citizens has the correct contact information for your customers. If the inspection company cannot contact your customer or perform the inspection, the policy may be cancelled or nonrenewed by Citizens.
Citizens’ new brochure, What You Need to Know About Citizens-Provided Inspections, is available to agents and policyholders, and it explains:
- The inspection process
- The two types of property inspections
- Tips for a successful inspection
Note: For printed copies of the brochure, complete the online form for brochure orders.
For more information and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), refer to the following (login required):
- Citizens’ Inspections webpage, which has been updated to include a Citizens-Provided Inspections section
- Will I have to pay for an inspection ordered by Citizens? (FAQ 537)
- How do I update a policyholder’s email address or phone number? (FAQ 2353)
- Completing an Inspection Results Response Required Activity (FAQ 3797)
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.