Citizens will be closed on Monday, July 4, for Independence Day. To report a loss during this time, submit a claim via myPolicy 24/7 or contact our toll-free Claims Reporting Center at 866.411.2742. Citizens will resume regular business hours on Tuesday, July 5.
Publicador de contenidos
Enhancements to myPolicy are Live
November 22, 2021
Citizens is launching enhancements today to myPolicy, our online tool that is available 24/7 and enables policyholders to report a claim, view claim and policy status, and make payments. The enhancements include automatic myPolicy registration for new-business policyholders and expanded functionality for Commercial Lines policyholders.
Automatic myPolicy Registration for New-Business Policyholders
When a new policy issues and the policyholder provided a valid email address, Citizens will send them an email with the subject Citizens Account Registration Confirmation that includes instructions and a link to activate their myPolicy account. If they don’t activate their account, Citizens will send a reminder email 20 days later.
Automatic registration applies to all new policyholders except when a policyholder did not provide a valid email address, has an existing myPolicy account or is an entity such as a corporation.
- Policyholders can register or complete their registration via myPolicy, even if they received the Citizens Account Registration Confirmation email. The email address they enter in myPolicy must match their email address in PolicyCenter®.
- If they’re not automatically registered, policyholders can use the Update Contacts link on the myPolicy webpage to update or add their email address, which will allow them to register for myPolicy.
- Agents must submit policyholder contact updates via PolicyCenter.
- Policyholders who have an email address associated with an existing myPolicy account can use their existing login credentials to add a new policy to their account.
Commercial Lines Enhancements
After a Commercial Lines policyholder registers for myPolicy, they can view policy, billing and payment details and make a payment for their policy. Previously, these features were available only for Personal Lines policyholders.
Stay tuned. Citizens has paperless document delivery and other myPolicy enhancements scheduled for 2022.
- Credentialed agency staff can log in to the Agents site and select Training > Personal Job Aids or Commercial Job Aids to access an updated myPolicy Guide.
- Visit the myPolicy webpage for basics about this online tool.
- Select FAQs on the top-menu of the Agents website and:
- Enter myPolicy in the Search field to access more information about myPolicy.
- Enter 2353 in the Search field for step-by-step directions on how to update a policyholder’s email address.
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.