20180209 - Roof and 4-Point Inspection Form Updates - Public
Publicador de contenidos
Roof and 4-Point Inspection Form Updates
February 09, 2018
Citizens updated the following forms to evaluate risks better and determine whether a property meets Citizens’ eligibility guidelines:
- 4-Point Inspection Form (Insp4pt 01 18)
- Roof Inspection Form (RCF-1 01 18), formerly Roof Condition Certification Form
- The Agents website: Select Personal → PR-M → General
- The Public website: Select Insurance → Get a Policy → Inspections
Agents and licensed inspectors should begin using the updated forms immediately. After September 1, 2018, if the agent submits a previous version of the form(s), Underwriting may request additional information or create other underwriting actions.
4-Point Inspection Form
The changes on the 4-Point Inspection Form are outlined below.
- Each side of the dwelling
- Each slope of the roof
- Plumbing: Water heater, under cabinet plumbing/drains, exposed valves.
- The panel sections now require more specific information and whether the amperage is sufficient.
- The Hazards Present section has been expanded.
- The following questions have been added:
- Is there a temperature pressure relief valve on the water heater?
- Water heater location
- Inspectors must indicate the condition of the listed appliances.
Roof Inspection Form
The Roof Condition Certification Form (RCF-1 09 13) has been updated to mirror the roof condition requirements listed on the updated 4-Point Inspection Form.
For more information, log in to the Agents site, and from the website’s top menu, select Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). Enter four-point inspection or roof condition into the search field.
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.