Personal Lines Bulletin - Public
Publicador de contenidos
myPolicy: Go Paperless Is Available
marzo 06, 2023
Paperless delivery is here! Citizens added this new feature to myPolicy for Personal Lines policies only. This allows the policyholder to receive email notifications when renewal policy documents, billing invoices and other notices are available to view online.
Citizens encourages only first-named insureds with a valid email address on file with Citizens to register and/or activate their myPolicy account. Registration allows policyholders with active accounts to:
- Report and view claims
- Make payments online, with a few exceptions
- Access policy and billing documents
- (New) Receive email notifications when new policy documents and billing invoices are available in lieu of mailed documents
Personal Lines policyholders with an email address on file will be notified of the new paperless delivery option available to them.
- Paperless delivery is not automatic. The first-named insured must enroll in paperless delivery via myPolicy.
- Some important documents will continue to be mailed to the policyholder’s mailing address on file such as the Notice of Cancellation.
- The first-named insured may unenroll in paperless delivery at any time and policy and billing documents will be sent to the policyholder by mail.
- Policyholders should contact their agent or Citizens to update their email address, if necessary.
- Citizens’ Paperless Delivery Terms and Conditions are available on our website.
- Policyholders will be notified via email and/or mail when they have enrolled, unenrolled or a change has been made to their paperless enrollment status.
If the policyholder’s email address is no longer valid, paperless document delivery will discontinue and the policyholder will receive all policy and billing documents by mail. You will receive an activity titled A Notice of Email Delivery Failure: Review Policyholder Contact info to take the necessary steps to contact the policyholder and complete a policy change to update their email address.
Enrolling in Paperless Delivery
Policyholders can enroll in paperless delivery for each eligible policy by logging in to their myPolicy account. For step-by-step instructions, refer to the myPolicy Guide in the Resources section below.
- Select Go Paperless from the banner, under the My Quick Links section or the bottom of the page.
- On the Account Preferences screen, select Edit Paperless Delivery, and then select the Yes buttons for Paperless Policy and Billing documents and to confirm the listed email address is correct. The Acknowledgement must be confirmed.
- Once completed, the Paperless Delivery field will display Enrolled on the Account Preferences screen.
Enrolled policyholders will receive You Have Documents Available! email notifications when new policy and billing documents are available in myPolicy.
Note: Policyholders can request a paper copy of their documents by contacting their agent or Citizens or by downloading and printing a copy from myPolicy.
- The myPolicy page on the website, which has been updated to include paperless document delivery details.
- The myPolicy Guide on the Agents website. Select Training > Personal Job Aids and look under General.
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.