Personal Lines Bulletin - Public
Publicador de contenidos
Updated Flood Requirements
junio 01, 2023
As previously mentioned in the May 12, 2023, Personal Lines Bulletin, to comply with recent Florida legislation, condominium unit-owner policy types are no longer required to have flood insurance to be eligible for Citizens. Additionally, these policyholders will no longer be required to sign a Policyholder Affirmation Regarding Flood Insurance (CIT FW01).
- Citizens Homeowners 6 – Unit-Owners Form (CIT HO-6)
- Homeowners 6 – Unit-Owners Wind-Only Form (HW-6)
- Dwelling Property 1 – Unit-Owners Basic Form (CIT DP-1C)
- Dwelling Property 3 – Unit-Owners Special Form (CIT DP-3C)
- All other Personal Lines policy types that are in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA), as defined by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), with wind coverage are still required to obtain flood insurance.
- The condominium declaration pages will have mandatory flood language on them until November 1, 2023.
Condominium unit-owner policyholders who received a nonrenewal notice from Citizens solely for flood insurance will receive an offer to renew their policy and the nonrenewal notice will be rescinded in a separate mailing.
These policyholders will be notified by letter/email of this update in the coming week.
Agents will be notified via the Desktop in PolicyCenter® when the nonrenewal is lifted and the renewal offer generated.
Condominium policyholders who have already purchased flood insurance from the NFIP may cancel the policy up until the effective date of the flood coverage but will not receive a refund for flood premiums once the policy takes effect. Please see the Federal Emergency Management Agency website for more details.
Updates to the form, underwriting guidelines and system updates are forthcoming.
- Personal Lines Bulletin: Flood Insurance Requirements for Citizens’ New Business
- Personal Lines Bulletin: Flood Insurance Requirements for Renewal Eligibility
- To assist you with managing policyholders impacted by the new flood rules, please see the Renewal Guide, which will outline the process, timelines and requirements necessary to renew.
- Select Personal > PR-M or PR-W, and then select the appropriate policy type on the left menu bar and look in the Spotlight section on the right side of the page for the various Product Guides and Required Document Guides.
- Select Training > Personal Job Aids to access Citizens’ learning resources:
- Learn More section on the right side of the page for the Product Guides and Required Document Guides
Select FAQs on the menu at the top of each page. Enter both +flood +condo in the Search field.
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.