Agency Appointment Application - Public
Web Content Display (Global)
myAgency Application Overview
Welcome to myAgency, Citizens’ agency management and appointment system. As an agency principal, you can use myAgency to initiate appointments and changes at the agent and agency level. Only agency principals may request agency and agent appointment.
The following licensed agency staff must be appointed through myAgency if they write or service Citizens business.
myAgency uses information provided by the Florida Department of Financial Services (DFS) to determine whether agents meet the following agent appointment requirements, as prescribed by law and adopted by the Citizens Board of Governors:
- Has an active 2-20 or 20-44 Florida resident agent's license or 9-20 or 90-44 nonresident agent's license in good standing with DFS.
- Appointed with at least one insurer authorized to write new personal residential, commercial residential or commercial nonresidential property coverage in Florida
- The Eligible Company Matrix lists companies currently writing Florida new business.
- Agents previously terminated by Citizens for cause are not eligible to apply within two years of their termination date.
Licensed Customer Representatives
All licensed customer representatives (LCRs) who have a 4-40 license and support your agency’s Citizens customers must be credentialed through myAgency. myAgency uses DFS data to confirm LCR eligibility to be credentialed with Citizens.
Only agency principals may complete the appointment application for their agency and staff.
You will need the following information to complete your appointment application:
- DFS license numbers for all appointed agents and LCRs
- Proof of an Errors & Omissions insurance policy with limits of at least $1 million/$1 million that covers all appointed agents
- If your E&O policy expires within 30 days of your application, you must upload a copy of the declaration page for the next term.
- Agency W-9
- Bank account information for electronic commission disbursement.
Other Forms of Identification
Social Security Numbers
As proscribed by section 627.351(6), Florida Statutes, and authorized by section 119.071(5), Florida Statutes, Citizens collects Social Security Numbers and Tax Identification Numbers (if you use a Social Security Number as a Tax Identification number). Citizens collects Social Security Numbers from agents and agency principals for the following reasons:
- Determine appointment eligibility
- Verify agent standing with DFS
- Ensuring compliance with US Department of Treasury Office of Foreign Asset Control requirements
myAgency Application - Next Steps
Citizens requires its agents to complete a series of mandatory training courses to ensure they are knowledgeable about the technical aspects of insurance coverage, underwriting requirements and forms, and Florida insurance law as it applies to Citizens. All agents must complete the mandatory training prior to approval of their appointment application. Once you submit your application, you will be sent an email with instructions for accessing the training.
Agency And Agent Appointment Agreements
As the agency principal, you are required to sign an Agency Agreement with Citizens. All appointed agents are required to sign an Agent Appointment Agreement. If you also will be an appointed agent, you also must sign an Agent Appointment Agreement. You and your appointed agents will receive instructions via email for signing the agreements via DocuSign.
A $125.00 appointment fee per agent is due prior to approval of your appointment application. Once your application has been reviewed, all training has been completed and all agreements have been signed, Citizens will provide you with a link to pay your appointment fee via major credit card.
myAgency Application - Acknowledgement/Login
By proceeding you affirm that you are the agency principal authorized to seek appointment for the agency and licensed staff you are seeking to appoint. You also agree that the agents and staff you are appointing authorize Citizens to confirm the data provided through third parties, including, but not limited to DFS, insurers identified in your application, civil and criminal courts, and other sources.
Click "I Agree" to begin application.