Agent Updates Bulletin - Public
Publicador de contenidos
Post - Hurricane Nicole Information
noviembre 11, 2022
All of us at Citizens hope you and your family are safe and that any damage your property may have experienced is minimal. Citizens is ready to assist you in helping your customers with the aftermath of Hurricane Nicole.
Citizens invites all our appointed agents and agency staff to join us for an informational session. Register via the link below where we will address agents’ most frequently asked questions while:
- Providing the status of Citizens’ catastrophe response
- Sharing resources and communications designed to support policyholders
- Completing a first notice of loss (FNOL) and informing you who to call if a policy has been assumed
- Discussing claim notifications for agents, reports and policy-specific claims information
Webinar Session for Agents: Hurricane Nicole
|Topic||Date and Time||Registration link for session|
|Hurricane Nicole: Post-Landfall Support for Citizens' Agents||Monday, November 14, 2022
11 a.m. – 12 p.m. EST
As Hurricane Nicole may prompt calls from reporters wanting to know about Citizens’ catastrophe response, we remind agents and all representatives of Citizens that all questions from any person representing the media must be referred to Michael Peltier, Media Relations Manager, who will coordinate any interviews or official responses. Refer all questions from any person representing the media to Peltier by:
Claims and Loss Reporting
Advise policyholders to report a loss to Citizens 24/7 using one of these convenient options:
- Access myPolicy, Citizens’ online policyholder self-service tool, on their computer or mobile device.
- Assist your Citizens customers by reporting FNOLs in PolicyCenter®. Use the job aid for filing FNOLs. Once the claim is filed, a claims representative will call the policyholder with the adjuster’s contact information.
- Call Citizens’ toll-free at 866.411.2742.
Ensure your impacted HO-3, HO-6 and DP-3 policyholders are aware of two important policy provisions that require them to:
- Take reasonable emergency measures for the sole purpose of protecting the covered property from further damage when experiencing a loss.
- Give prompt loss notice to Citizens. Except for the policy provisions regarding reasonable emergency measures, there may be no coverage for permanent repairs that begin before one of the following occurs:
- 72 hours after the loss is reported to Citizens
- The loss is inspected by Citizens
- Verbal or written approval is provided by Citizens
What is a Hurricane Deductible?
The hurricane deductible is applied on a calendar-year basis from January through December. During a busy hurricane season, once covered damages to the property exceed the hurricane deductible, claim payments may be issued even if the property sustains damage from multiple named storm events throughout the year.
Note: Policyholders should report their loss from this storm and previous storms even if they believe the individual storm loss or the aggregate of multiple losses will not exceed their hurricane deductible amount.
Assignment of Benefits
You can help curb assignment of benefits (AOB) abuse and keep rates stable. Help your customers understand the importance of calling Citizens as soon as they know or suspect they have damage. See our Assignment of Benefits webpage for more information.
Visit our Hurricanes webpage for more information.
Note: Some links require logging in to the Agents site to access:
- Submitting a First Notice of Loss job aid
- myPolicy Overview for Agents job aid
- Hurricanes webpage
- Catastrophe Claims webpage
- Assignment of Benefits webpage
- Book of Business request via myAgency
Note: Must be requested by the agency principal or designee.
- Quick Reference: Hurricane Coverages for Personal Lines
- Selecting Loss Causes and Sub-Loss Causes for a First Notice of Loss (FNOL) job aid
- Quick Reference: Hurricane Coverages for Commercial Lines
- Selecting Loss Causes with Dependent Sub-Loss Causes job aid
If you have questions or need additional support, contact Citizens via:
- Phone: 888.685.1555, weekdays, 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Email: the Contact Us webpage on the Agents website
Connect with Us
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.