20230324 - New-Business Backdate Program for UPC - Public
Publicador de contenidos
New-Business Backdate Program for UPC
March 24, 2023
Citizens is announcing that, until April 17, 2023, we will allow new United Property & Casualty (UPC) business to be submitted with a March 29, 2023, effective date.
Agents who are completing new-business applications via quick quotes in PolicyCenter® can keep the March 29 effective date.
Agents can request a backdated effective date for UPC new-business applications submitted after March 29. When requesting an effective date change, the following criteria must be met; there are no exceptions.
For risks without existing damage:
- The status of the risk is Bound-Approved or Bound-Unapproved.
- There is no premium applied to the policy.
- Submit an effective date change request in PolicyCenter. Follow the steps outlined in the Creating an Effective Date Change Request job aid.
- Once the effective date change is processed, remit payment:
- Direct Bill will have until May 28, 2023.
- Mortgagee billed will have until June 27, 2023
For risks with existing damage:
- They will be in an unbound-unapproved status.
- Please request March 29, 2023 effective date in the policy note.
- Risks with existing damage musts be submitted with:
- Photos of the existing damage
- Document(s) reflecting when the repairs will be completed
- Existing damage written disclaimer from the applicant
All prior UPC new business should be submitted with the appropriate prior-carrier information:
- On the Policy Info screen, enter information regarding the prior policies.
- Click in the Carrier Name field to access the search feature.
Results: The External Carriers search page displays.
- Enter the first few characters of the carrier’s name and select Search.
Results: The search results will display.
- In the search results, select 105012 as the Carrier ID and United Property & Casualty Insurance Company as the Carrier Name.
Results: The Policy Info screen displays.
- Complete the remaining fields: Policy Number, Expiration Date and Cancel or Non-Renewal Reason.
For details about the document deferral process, refer to the March 1 Personal Lines Bulletin and the following resources:
- Training > Citizens Essentials for online webinar recordings to help you navigate the new-business submission process and service your customers
- Training > Webinar Recordings and look for Placing United Property & Casualty (UPC) Policies with Citizens
- Training > Personal Job Aids to access:
- Automated Loss History Data and Acceptable Proof of Repair Guide
- Uploading and Linking Documents
- Home Condition Requirements
- Mobile Home Condition Requirements
- Required Document Guides (by policy form on the right-hand side)
- FAQs on the top menu. Enter +document +deferral in the Search field
If you have any questions or concerns, contact Citizens’ Customer Care Center weekdays, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. ET, at 888.685.1555.
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.