20230227 Auto-Adjustment for Payment Plans - Public
Publicador de contenidos
Auto-Adjustment for Payment Plans
February 27, 2023
Our customers spoke, and we listened! Effective February 23, 2023, payment plans for direct-bill policies will automatically adjust at renewal based on the payment amount received. This only applies to payments submitted via electronic bill pay through policyholders' financial institutions or sent via mail – not online payments completed through myPolicy. Agents will no longer need to contact Citizens to request a payment plan change when the initial amount paid for a renewal policy is at least 40% of the total premium due.
The adjustment will automatically apply as follows:
- When 40%-59% of the premium is paid, the payment plan changes to quarterly and payment plan fees are applied.
- When 60-85% of the premium is paid, the payment plan changes to semi-annual and payment plan fees are applied.
- The Renewal Premium Invoice includes information on the amount due for quarterly and semiannual payment plans.
- If the initial payment is less than 40% of the total premium, the policy will be automatically scheduled for cancellation and an invoice will be issued for the remaining amount due.
- The automatic adjustment does not apply to cancelled policies or policies with a pending reinstatement.
- Agents can verify the policy’s payment plan on the Billing screen in PolicyCenter®.
- Agents will need to submit changes to the payment plan if the payment is submitted via phone, myPolicy and the one-time payment tool on our website.
- If the policy is mortgagee billed, the agent must submit a policy change to update the payor to direct-bill.
For more details about changing the payor or payment plan on a policy, log in to the Agents website and select Training > Personal Job Aids, and look under Policy Changes to access:
- Changing a Payment Plan
- Adding or Updating a Payor to the Insured or a Third Party
- Adding, Updating or Removing the Mortgage or Payor
You also can select FAQs on the top menu and enter +pay +plan in the Search field.
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.