Publicador de contenidos
Processing Times Update and Relocation
July 27, 2022
Effective immediately, Citizens’ Personal Lines Processing Times document is available on the Personal page of the Agents site. This location makes it easier for agents to access information about policy transaction status prior to contacting Citizens. Please see Resources below.
The Personal Lines Processing Times document provides an estimated expected time frame for various underwriting tasks and is updated weekly for the following:
- Policy changes
- Catastrophe (CAT) proof of repairs
- New business
- Unbound reviews
- Additional document request (ADR) reviews
- Adding a mortgagee clause to the address book
Understanding Processing Times
Underwriting will review and process the documents based on the order the items were received. The breakdown of each task in the below screenshot shows:
- Volume of Open Requests, which is the number of requests that are currently awaiting an Underwriter’s review
- Time Service Commitment (business days), which is the maximum number of business days Underwriting has committed to processing the activity or transaction (Due to the volume of new business the actual time may exceed the commitment.)
- Average Time to Process (business days), which is the average number of business days it takes Underwriting to process the activity or transaction
Figure 1: Personal Lines Processing Times
Note: The Commercial Lines processing times location will be provided later.
To access the Personal Lines Processing Times, log in to the Agents website and select:
- Personal > Processing Times (in the Resources column)
- News > Agent Advantage (in the Spotlight column on the right-hand side)
- News > Agent Advantage > Agent Advantage Archive (in the Spotlight column on the right-hand side)
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.