20210614 - Rule for New-Business Eligibility Increases to 20% - Public
Publicador de contenidos
Update: Rule for New-Business Eligibility Increases to 20%
June 14, 2021
Effective July 1, 2021, one of Citizens’ new-business eligibility rules will be updated to comply with legislative changes made by Senate Bill 76. For any Personal Lines new-business risk to be eligible for Citizens coverage, the premium for coverage from an authorized insurer must be more than 20% greater than the premium for comparable coverage from Citizens. The prior rule’s threshold was 15%.
Rule 200 in our manuals will be updated as highlighted:
Figure 1: Rule 200 of updated manuals
Any customers applying for new coverage with Citizens must meet no-offer-of-coverage or the 20% rule.
If an offer is available from an authorized insurer, upload documentation with the application verifying their premium is more than 20% higher than the premium for comparable coverage with Citizens.
- Effective July 1, the Property Insurance Clearinghouse will determine a risk’s eligibility under the 20% rule.
- Update: Effective July 1, PolicyCenter® will be updated to reflect the 20% rule on applications.
- The Required Documents section of PolicyCenter soon will be updated to reference the 20% rule.
- The website and brochures will be updated as soon as possible.
Log in to the Agents site to:
- Select FAQs on the menu at the top of each page. Enter 20% in the Search field.
- Review Personal Lines Underwriting Guidelines, which will be updated soon. Select Personal > PR-M or PR-W, and select the applicable policy type.
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.