We are experiencing a temporary outage in myPolicy. It is unavailable at this time. We are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Publicador de contenidos
2021 Form Changes
December 10, 2020
The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) has approved updates to Personal Lines forms for policies with effective dates on or after February 1, 2021. The major updates are outlined below.
Managed Repair Contractor Network (MRCN) Program
The following changes apply to the Managed Repair Contractor Network Program endorsement (CIT 04 86 02 21 and CIT 05 86 02 21):
- During the claims process, policyholders now must sign a Program Consent Form (CIT CONSENT1 02 21) to participate in the program.
- In addition to current termination reasons, participation in the program is terminated if:
- The policyholder does not sign a contract with the program contractor within 10 business days from the date the contractor delivers it.
- Conditions are present that prevent repairing, replacing or rebuilding the property.
- If there is a dispute regarding the completion of the contract, the policyholder can request an appraisal as described in the endorsement.
- Citizens has made changes to all applications by removing the binder section and replacing it with a new section called Insurance Coverages and Payment of Premium.
- Agents can access a new Evidence of Property Insurance (EOI) form, which can provide individuals proof of insurance when coverage is bound and not yet issued. In January, more details will be provided regarding application changes and the new EOI form.
- A prequalification and eligibility question statement has been added requiring the applicant to provide pertinent information about them and all limited liability corporation members, partners, corporate officers and/or association officers when completing the application on behalf of these entities.
Provisions in the HO-3, HO-6 and DP-3 forms were updated and include changes regarding:
- The civil authority limits use provision
- No coverage for preevacuation expenses
- Reasonable emergency measures
- Exclusion for the constant or repeated seepage or leakage of water or steam
- Duties of an assignee
For HO-3 and DP-3:
- The $10,000 limit on coverage regarding accidental discharge of water or steam peril, constant or repeated seepage or leakage of water or steam, duties after loss and loss payment provisions. Includes Unit-Owners Coverage A Special Coverage (CIT 17 32 02 21).
- Loss payment provisions when the policyholder participates in the Managed Repair Contractor Network Program
Notice of Change in Policy Terms
Citizens will send policyholders a Notice of Change in Policy Terms beginning with 2021 renewal offers. The content of each notice varies by policy form. These notices are available in the Policyholder Notices section for each policy form on the Personal section of the Agents site.
For more information, refer to the updated underwriting manuals and forms for each line of business, which are located in the Personal section of the Agents site.
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.