20220406 - 2022 Rule and Form Updates - Public
Web Content Display (Global)
2022 Rule and Form Updates
April 06, 2022
The Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) has approved Citizens' rules and form changes for all new-business and renewal policies with effective dates on or after June 1, 2022. The major changes are outlined below.
New Special Provisions – Florida Endorsements
These new forms will better clarify policy language regarding nonrenewal when a risk receives an offer of comparable coverage through the Citizens Property Insurance Clearinghouse. The content of each notice will vary by policy form.
Citizens updated the following to the underwriting guidelines:
- Loss History & Credit Reports: Language was added to specify only loss history reports are to be used in the underwriting process.
- Windstorm Mitigation Features: Language was added to clarify eligibility rules for Class A opening protection credit:
- To receive Class A credit for buildings in the High Velocity Hurricane Zone, all exterior openings must include Class A protections.
- Type I structures built 2002 or later in Miami-Dade and Broward counties are not automatically eligible for Class A opening protection, and the agent must submit a mitigation affidavit/verification form.
Note: This does not include mobile homes.
Notice of Change in Policy Terms
A Notice of Change in Policy Terms will be included with 2022 renewal offers. These notices are available in the Policyholder Notices section for each policy form on the Personal section of the Agents site.
Log in to the Agents site, select Personal, then select PR-M or PR-W, and select the appropriate policy type from the list in the left-hand column for:
- Special Provisions – Florida (under Endorsements in the center column)
- Underwriting guidelines (under Manuals in the right-hand column)
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.