2019 Hurricane Season Information
mayo 13, 2019
- Provide your Citizens customers our Hurricane Coverage: What You Need to Know brochure.*
- Verify and update customer contact and policy information, including:
- Mailing address, phone numbers and email addresses
- Named insured(s) on the policy
- Verify and update mortgagee(s) and additional interests, if applicable.
- Review your Citizens book of business to ensure that policyholders have adequate coverage and appropriate deductibles. Citizens can provide the agency principal with a book-of-business listing that provides this information. Request by emailing email@example.com or by completing the online form in the myAgency section of the Agents website.
- Ensure your customers understand that hurricane losses should be reported even if they are below the hurricane deductible. These losses would count toward meeting the calendar-year hurricane deductible if another hurricane damaged the property.
- Encourage your customers to register for myPolicy so they can view policy, claims and billing information and, if applicable, make premium payments.
- Submit it via myPolicy
- Call Citizens First at our toll-free Claims Hotline: 866.411.2742, which is available 24-7
- Call you, and you can report it online via PolicyCenter
- Take photos of the damaged property.
- Protect the property from further damage.
- Keep all receipts regarding any repairs and out-of-the-ordinary expenses.
- Take reasonable emergency measures for the sole purpose of protecting covered property from further damage when experiencing a loss
- Give prompt loss notice to Citizens. Except for the policy provisions regarding reasonable emergency measures, there may be no coverage for permanent repairs that begin before one of the following occurs:
- 72 hours after the loss is reported to Citizens
- Loss is inspected by Citizens
- Verbal or written approval is provided by Citizens
- Process first notices of loss
- Make advance payments for additional living expenses, when warranted
- Answer questions and offer general assistance
- Call Citizens First section of the Agents site
- In the Training section of the Agents site, on both the Commercial and Personal pages:
- Search Frequently Asked Questions, and search by keywords:
- Loss run reports
- How do I submit a claim in myPolicy? FAQ answer ID 3893
- myPolicy Overview for Agents job aid
- Storms section on the Public site
- Claims section on the Public site
*Agents can request free printed copies of any of our brochures by emailing Sara Golding with the amount needed (minimum of 25), the street address for delivery and whether Spanish versions are needed.
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.