20181227 - 2019 Form Updates - Public
Publicador de contenidos
2019 Form Updates
December 27, 2018
The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) has approved amendments to Citizens’ policy forms for new business and renewal policies effective on or after February 1, 2019. The major form changes are outlined below.
Note: Citizens’ rate changes for Personal Lines policies are delayed until September 1, 2019, pending OIR approval.
Overview of Policy Form Updates
The following changes apply to Personal Residential Multiperil (PR-M) and Personal Residential Wind-Only (PR-W) policies as indicated:
- The Existing Damage exclusion has been amended to better express that existing damage is not covered and to express that, under this exclusion, any ensuing loss to property not otherwise excluded is covered.
- An Agreement provision and a Diminution In Value definition have been added to clarify that the property portion of the policy does not insure a reduction in value
- The Duties After Loss condition has been updated to require that such duties also be performed by third-party assignees of policy benefits (e.g., the duty to show damaged property) and must be performed for any person acting on Citizens’ behalf.
- The Mediation or Appraisal condition has been renamed Alternative Dispute Resolution, and:
- Participation of a third party as an assignee of the policy benefits now is allowed.
- The Mediation condition has been amended regarding settlement rescindment.
- The Appraisal condition has been amended to express that when an insured or any party other than Citizens requests a mediation, Citizens still can demand an appraisal.
- For nonweather water-related losses, REM will be limited to $3,000 and applies to protect Coverage A, Coverage B and Coverage C property from further damage.
- A $10,000 limit on coverage is introduced for covered losses caused by accidental discharge of water, as described in the policy.
Note: For HO-6 and DP-3 condominium and tenant contents policies, additional limits exceeding $3,000 for REM to protect the property from accidental discharge of water no longer are available, except when approved by Citizens.
Notice of Change in Policy Terms
A Notice of Change in Policy Terms will be included with 2019 PR-M and PR-W renewal offers. The content of each notice varies by policy form. These notices are available in the Policyholder Notices section for each policy form on the Personal section of the Agents site.
To access the updated forms, log in to the Agents site, select Personal, then PR-M or PR-W and then the applicable policy form.
For more information about:
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.