20230512 - Update: Flood Eligibility for Condominiums - Public
Publicador de contenidos
Update: Flood Eligibility for Condominiums
May 12, 2023
Citizens will be updating our eligibility rules to comply with recent Florida legislation that soon may become law.
The following Personal Lines condominium unit-owner policy types will no longer have to obtain flood insurance even if they are included in a special flood zone hazard area:
- Citizens Homeowners 6 – Unit-Owners Form (CIT HO-6)
- Homeowners 6 – Unit-Owners Wind-Only Form (HW-6)
- Dwelling Property 1 – Unit-Owners Basic Form (CIT DP-1C)
- Dwelling Property 3 – Unit-Owners Special Form (CIT DP-3C)
Condominium policyholders who have already purchased flood insurance from the National Flood Insurance Program may cancel the policy up until the effective date of the flood coverage but will not receive a refund for flood premiums once the policy takes effect. Please see the FEMA website for more details.
Look for more communications regarding this update once this becomes law.
Note: Affected polices that were issued a nonrenewal notice will be rescinded.
- Personal Lines Bulletin: Flood Insurance Requirements for Citizens’ New Business
- Personal Lines Bulletin: Flood Insurance Requirements for Renewal Eligibility
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.