20221007 - Post-Hurricane Ian: North Port Satellite Location - Public
Publicador de contenidos
Post-Hurricane Ian: North Port Satellite Location
October 07, 2022
All of us at Citizens hope you and your family are safe and that any damage your property may have experienced is minimal. Citizens is ready to assist you in helping your customers with the aftermath of Hurricane Ian.
Citizens has set up a satellite location in North Port to provide in-person service to our policyholders who may be cut off from their usual means of communication. The location staff will:
- Process first notices of loss (FNOL)
- Make advance payments for additional living expenses, when warranted
- Answer questions and offer general assistance
The satellite location listed below is open at the following location and times:
|Catastrophe Response Center||Hours of Operation|
|Shannon Staub Library
4675 Career Lane
North Port, FL 34289
|9 a.m.- 6 p.m. ET|
Note: More locations may be set up in the future, so see the latest information about all of our locations and hours of operation on the right-hand side of our Catastrophe Response Centers webpage and Facebook page.
As Hurricane Ian may prompt calls from reporters wanting to know about Citizens’ catastrophe response, we remind agents and all representatives of Citizens that all questions from any person representing the media must be referred to Michael Peltier, Media Relations Manager, who will coordinate any interviews or official responses. Refer all questions from any person representing the media to Peltier by:
Claims and Loss Reporting
Advise policyholders to report a loss using one of these convenient options:
- Access myPolicy, Citizens’ online policyholder self-service tool, on their computer or mobile device.
- You can assist your Citizens customers by reporting FNOLs in PolicyCenter®. Use the job aid for filing FNOLs. Once the claim is filed, a claims representative will call the policyholder with the adjuster’s contact information.
- Call Citizens’ toll-free at 866.411.2742.
Ensure your impacted HO-3, HO-6 and DP-3 policyholders are aware of two important policy provisions that require them to:
- Take reasonable emergency measures for the sole purpose of protecting the covered property from further damage when experiencing a loss.
- Give prompt loss notice to Citizens. Except for the policy provisions regarding reasonable emergency measures, there may be no coverage for permanent repairs that begin before one of the following occurs:
- 72 hours after the loss is reported to Citizens
- The loss is inspected by Citizens
- Verbal or written approval is provided by Citizens
Communication to Policyholders
Citizens will email policyholders in the storm-affected area with information about locations and claims reporting. If necessary, we’ll also send storm- and claims-related texts.
Electronic Claim Payments
Citizens now offers eligible Personal Lines policyholders an electronic claim payment option only at the satellite location via their U.S. bank account for additional living expenses.
To be eligible for an electronic claim payment, the recipient must:
- Be the named insured and/or additional named insured(s) on a Personal Lines policy
- Have a valid email account and/or U.S. mobile phone number
CRC staff can help policyholders with this option.
Assignment of Benefits
You can help curb assignment of benefits (AOB) abuse and keep rates stable. Help your customers understand the importance of calling Citizens as soon as they know or suspect they have damage. See our Assignment of Benefits webpage for more information.
Visit our Hurricanes webpage for more information.
Note: Some links require logging in to the Agents site to access:
- Submitting a First Notice of Loss job aid
- myPolicy Overview for Agents job aid
- Hurricanes webpage
- Catastrophe Claims webpage
- Assignment of Benefits webpage
- Book of Business request via myAgency
Note: Must be requested by the agency principal or designee.
- Quick Reference: Hurricane Coverages for Personal Lines
- Selecting Loss Causes and Sub-Loss Causes for a First Notice of Loss (FNOL) job aid
- Quick Reference: Hurricane Coverages for Commercial Lines
- Selecting Loss Causes with Dependent Sub-Loss Causes job aid
If you have questions or need additional support, contact Citizens via:
- Phone: 888.685.1555, weekdays, 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Email: the Contact Us webpage on the Agents website
Connect with Us
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.