The Florida Market Assistance Plan (FMAP) is free and convenient online property insurance referral service that matches property owners looking to insure their property with agents able to find private-market coverage for their personal, rental and vacation homes in Florida.
As a participating agent in FMAP, you will be able to search FMAP’s database in real time or use FMAP’s automated search feature to notify you when a request matches your specific search criteria.
How it works
FMAP offers the following programs and services to help you identify potential new clients:
Free online referrals
Matches individuals seeking property insurance with participating agents who may be able to write a policy outside of Citizens. You’ll receive nightly email notices from FMAP, alerting you to potential customers seeking coverage that matches your eligible-policy criteria. You also can search the database at any time to identify potential customers.
Direct referral program
Provides agent contact information to consumers seeking coverage for commercial residential or nonresidential, marine, aircraft, and other types of property and liability insurance.
Let FMAP help you find new clients and expand your business.
Get Started with FMAP
- Register with FMAP (name, address, phone number, Social Security number, DFS agent license number and appointment with at least one Florida-authorized private-market insurance company is required)
- Set up search criteria based on the types of property your appointed companies are looking to cover.
- Run a Search to find consumers looking for insurance coverage that match your requirements.
- Contact FMAP consumers and provide them a quote.
- Update FMAP with the results of your solicitation within 30 days
The following important restrictions apply to all agents participating in FMAP:
- You may not use FMAP information to place a policy in Citizens.
- You must be directly appointed with at least one authorized insurer to participate in FMAP.