Postponement: Nonrenewal of Policies Without Proof of Roof and/or Electrical Updates
lokakuuta 22, 2018
As outlined in the Commercial Lines Bulletin dated May 1, 2017, Citizens requires proof of roof and/or electrical updates for older commercial buildings.
Citizens originally had planned to begin nonrenewing policies on older commercial buildings that do not have proof of roof and/or electrical updates, starting July 1, 2019; however, with the aftermath of Hurricanes Irma and Michael, Citizens has postponed beginning these nonrenewals until July 1, 2020.
To assist you in helping your customers comply with this eligibility rule:
- Beginning with July 2018 renewals, PolicyCenter® sends a notification activity called Policy xxxxxxx has imminent Non-renew conditions to remind agents to submit proof of roof and/or electrical updates for applicable policies.
- Agents should submit proof of roof and/or electrical updates via a new activity called CL Only: Roof/Electrical Update.
New Activity for Agents: CL Only: Roof/Electrical Update
To submit the required documents, agents should:
- Upload proof of roof and/or electrical updates to the policy.
- Select Actions → New Activity → Request → CL Only: Roof/Electrical Update to initiate the activity.
- Select Link Document, and then select Required Document on the Document Type drop-down menu to link the uploaded document(s).
- If warranted, add a note in the activity’s New Notes section.
- Select Send Request to send the activity and documents to Underwriting.
Acceptable forms of documentation include, but are not limited to:
- A completed Commercial Roof Condition Inspection Form to verify the roof covering has been updated or replaced, based on the age of the roof covering
- For buildings constructed 1975 or earlier, a completed Commercial Electrical Inspection Form to verify the electrical system is updated or in good working condition
- Forms must be completed by a Florida-licensed roofer or electrician or a general contractor.
- Other acceptable documentation to verify roof and electrical updates are outlined in the Required Document Guides (see Resources section below).
For more information, log in to the Agents site, go to the Commercial section, and then select CR-M, CR-W, CNR-M or CNR-W under the Commercial column on the left to view:
- Underwriting Guidelines: Select Manuals in the middle column to filter to the manuals.
- Citizens Commercial Roof Condition Inspection Form and the Citizens Commercial Electrical Inspection Form: Select Submission in the middle column to filter to forms.
- Required Document Guides: Select a guide under the Spotlight column on the right. They’re also available in PolicyCenter.
Agents also can log in and select Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions at the top of any webpage, and enter electrical update, roof condition or roof update in the search field.
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.