20220609 - Quoting, Submission and 2022 A-Rate Changes - Public
Web Content Display (Global)
Citizens has updated the quoting time frame for commercial risks and updated A-rates for commercial residential risks in PolicyCenter®.
Quoting and Submissions
You’ve asked, and we’ve heard you! Citizens has extended quoting up to 60 calendar days in advance for Commercial Lines risks. When not yet submitted for approval, quotes created by the agent will expire 60 calendar days after the creation date or one business day after the policy’s requested effective date – whichever is later. This change will give agents time to complete the submission process and eliminate unnecessary work for both agents and underwriters.
- For an A-rate Premium Indication, agents must enter the submission details into PolicyCenter and select Premium Estimate. Afterward, contact Commercial Underwriting by phone.
- Agents should advise they are only needing a premium indication.
- Premium indications are estimates only and will change if submitted for an approved quote.
- Premium indications are not available for printing.
- All required documents must be uploaded before approval can be requested.
- An underwriter will review and advise when the submission is approved.
- An approved quote can be printed and provided for the customer.
- Stay tuned for associated training and resources that soon will be available.
Rates for A-Rated Risks
Citizens is adjusting base rates for commercial residential A-Rated risks by an average of 22.7% for Commercial Residential Multiperil (CR-M) and Commercial Residential Wind-Only (CR-W) for new business and renewals effective August 1, 2022. As a reminder, A-rates are not capped.
For more information on new business submissions and A-rates, log in to the Agents site and select:
- Commercial > CR-M or CR-W > Rating Worksheets from the center menu and select the applicable worksheets for the line of business
- Training > Commercial Job Aids > New Business to access the Commercial Lines New-Business Submission Guide and Uploading and Linking Documents job aids
- Training > Live Education or Citizens Essentials
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.