Citizens offers several payment options and the ability to make a payment from almost anywhere in the world via a U.S. checking or savings account.
Citizens does not offer debit card, credit card or electronic check conversion payment options at this time.
Personal Residential policyholders may be eligible to make online electronic payments from their U.S. checking or savings account through Manage myPolicy, Citizens’ online, self-service, policy management tool.
Your agent may be able to make an online payment on your behalf. Contact your agent to see if your payment is eligible. If your payment is eligible and you would like to authorize your agent to make your payment, complete a Single Epayment Authorization form and take it to your agent. Your agent will take your banking information and submit the payment.
Pay by Phone
There is no additional cost to pay by phone. Pay by phone is available for renewal and other payments invoiced on Personal Residential policies.* Payments for new policies not yet issued are not eligible for pay-by-phone.
Call 888.685.1555 to pay by phone. You will need:
- A valid eight-digit policy number, excluding letters and including zeroes
- The property address ZIP code
- Your financial institution's routing number
- Your checking or savings account number
*Policies automatically renew with the payment plan of the previous policy term. If you have not changed your payment plan, the pay-by-phone system will require that you submit payment based on your previous payment plan. Each installment must post before the next installment can be submitted. Contact your agent to change your payment plan. Agents may not submit phone payments on their policyholders’ behalf.
Pay by Mail
Citizens accepts personal and cashier's checks, with the following conditions:
- Include your payment stub with your payment, if possible.
- Write your policy number to the notes/memo section or your check.
- To be accepted, checks must have the serial number, the financial institution's routing transit number and bank account number (MICR line) imprinted on the bottom of the check.
- Checks drawn on banks outside of the United States must have the MICR line and U.S. funds imprinted on the check.
- Citizens does not hold post-dated checks. All checks are deposited when received.
- Citizens will charge a $15 insufficient funds (NSF) fee for each check not honored by the financial institution.
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation
P.O. Box 17850
Jacksonville, FL 32245-7850
Citizens Service Center
Payment Services Department
301 W Bay Street, Suite 1300
Jacksonville, FL 32202