Citizens' website, PolicyCenter® and ClaimCenter®, including electronic payments, may be unavailable due to maintenance on Friday, March 1, from 7 p.m. to Saturday, March 2, 1 p.m. Report a loss by contacting our 24/7, toll-free Claims Reporting Center at 866.411.2742 during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Web Content Display (Global)
The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) approved updates to our Commercial Lines policy forms with effective dates on or after February 1, 2022. The major updates are outlined below.
As announced in the November 29, 2021, Agent Updates Bulletin, Citizens now will require Social Security numbers and Federal Employer Identification Numbers. To inform applicants of this requirement, Citizens will update all Commercial Lines applications with the revised Statement On The Collection of Consumers’ Social Security Numbers section.
Overview of Updated Forms
The following changes apply to all Commercial Lines policies:
- The Alternative Dispute Resolution has been updated to provide new time frames for the formal appraisal process, and:
- The appraiser must be proficient in dealing with commercial losses.
- Each party equally will pay reasonable fees and expenses for the appraisal and mediation.
- The Existing Damage exclusion has been amended to clarify that any previous unrepaired damage from a reported claim is not covered.
- The Concealment or Fraud condition has been renamed Incorrect Statements Or Representations, Concealment Or Fraudulent Conduct, and the conditions have been amended to clarify that coverage is not provided when:
- Incorrect statements or representations are made.
- Concealment of facts or engaging in fraudulent conduct occurs.
CR-M and CNR-M: Disclosure Pursuant to Terrorism Risk Insurance Act Endorsement
The Insurance Services Office (ISO) has updated this form to reflect the federal government’s share of terrorism losses is 80%.
Updated forms and endorsements are available on the Commercial section of the Agents website for each line of business.
Notice of Change in Policy Terms
Citizens will send policyholders a Notice of Change in Policy Terms beginning with 2022 renewal offers. The content of each notice varies by policy form. These notices are available in the Policyholder Notices section for each line of business on the Commercial section of the Agents website.
For more information about Alternative Dispute Resolutions, refer to Agent Updates Bulletin dated August 8, 2018.
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.