Florida law requires that Citizens create programs to help return Citizens policies to the private market and reduce the risk of assessments for all Floridians. These programs are subject to the approval of the Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR).
The Depopulation program works with private-market insurance companies interested in offering coverage to Citizens policyholders. Participating companies must be approved by the OIR. Approved takeout companies can offer to take over your Citizens policy at any time during your policy period.
The Depopulation Unit works directly with active and prospective Florida insurers and representatives to facilitate the transfer of policies.
Email the Depopulation Unit if you have questions about Citizens' Depopulation Program.
Logging in to the takeout company resources page is now easier than ever. You can log in from any page on the Citizens website.
- Select Login on the top right of your screen. A drop-down box will appear.
- In the Who Are You field, select Other.
- Enter your Citizens Authentication Gateway (CAG) Username and Password.
- Click the arrow to log in.
- You will be taken to the takeout company resources page. This page is hosted on the Citizens Agents site, which is identifiable by a green header bar. In this area, you also will find Citizens manuals and policy forms.
If at any time you would like to return to the public website, you can do so by selecting Public from the My Sites drop down menu at the top of any page.
Only registered takeout companies can access takeout company resources. If you are interested in participating in the Depopulation Program, email the Depopulation Unit for more information.