ZCZC MIATWOAT ALL
TTAA00 KNHC DDHHMM
Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
200 PM EDT Sat Sep 19 2020
For the North Atlantic...Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:
The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Tropical
Storm Beta, located over the western Gulf of Mexico, on Hurricane
Teddy, located over the central Atlantic, and on Tropical Storm
Wilfred, located over the eastern tropical Atlantic.
1. Shower activity has increased a little today in association with
Post-Tropical Cyclone Paulette, which is is moving southward a few
hundred miles southwest of the Azores. The cyclone is forecast to
continue southward for the next day or so and then stall over
marginally warm waters a few hundred miles south of the Azores. The
cyclone could subsequently develop tropical or subtropical
characteristics by early next week while it moves little. For more
information about marine hazards associated with this system, see
High Seas Forecasts issued by Meteo France.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...medium...50 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...medium...60 percent.
2. A tropical wave is located near the west coast of Africa and will
move westward over the far eastern Atlantic during the next few
days. Development of this system is no longer expected.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...near 0 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...near 0 percent.
High Seas Forecasts issued by Meteo France can be found under WMO
header FQNT50 LFPW and available on the web at