Experiencing a loss can be stressful and confusing, but reporting a claim should not be. Citizens’ toll-free claims hotline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Claims Hotline – 866.411.2742
When you call, a friendly customer service representative will ask you for the following information:
- Your policy number
- Your contact information, including any temporary addresses or phone numbers where you can be reached if you have been displaced
- Damage description (example: tree fell on roof, lightning struck house)
- Mortgage company information (if applicable)
Call even if you are missing some of this information. Citizens will be able to assist you.
Your customer service representative will enter your claims information and provide you with your claim number, the name of your adjuster and the adjuster’s contact information.
Important policy contract changes affect payment for emergency measures and permanent repairs following a loss. All new and renewing HO-3, HO-6 and DP-3 policies are affected.
Learn what is changing.
Catastrophe Response Center Locations
In response to Hurricane Irma, three Citizens Catastrophe Response Centers (CRC) are available to provide in-person service to policyholders who may be cut off from their usual means of communication. CRC staff can answer questions and help you report a catastrophe claim. They also can issue checks for additional living expenses, if this coverage is available under your policy.
Marathon City Marina
800 35th Street Ocean
Marathon, FL 33050
8 a.m.-7 p.m., daily (curfew pending)
Murray Nelson Government Center
102050 Overseas Highway
Key Largo, FL 33037
7 a.m.-7 p.m., daily
Walmart (parking lot)
1425 NE 163rd Street
North Miami Beach, FL 33162
Opening Wednesday, September 20
7 a.m.-7 p.m., daily
Policyholder Declaration of Rights
Citizens is committed to providing the best possible customer service to its policyholders. As part of that commitment, Citizens adheres to the following:
- Created by Citizens as part of its Plan of Operation
- Applies to all Citizens policyholders
- Created by the Florida Legislature
- Applies to any personal residential property insurance claim filed with property and casualty insurance companies operating in Florida