Carousel Insurance


Citizens Highlights

Navigation Menu


Web Content Display (Global)

Personal Residential Coverages

Asset Publisher

Standard Coverages

Citizens’ personal residential policies include several standard coverage types. Standard coverages vary, based on the type of policy and the property insured.

Depending on your policy type, certain coverages may not be available or included under your policy. Consult your policy documents for details about the specific coverages available under your policy, as well as any deductibles, limits or exclusions that may apply.

Citizens’ personal residential policies that include wind coverage will be required to have and maintain flood insurance coverage. This flood requirement is expected to ensure that Citizens policyholders will be fully protected from damage caused by severe weather.

See more optional coverage options offered by Citizens, including Sinkhole Loss Coverage, Personal Property Replacement Cost, Increased Limits for Ordinance or Law, Mobile Homes and Condominium Units.

Dwelling (Coverage A)

Covers the building and any attached structures. Depending on your policy and home type, the coverage amount is determined based either on:

Policy Type

Replacement cost

The cost of completely rebuilding the home and attached structures, following a total loss. It is different, and may be greater than, the appraised, real estate value of the home.

Actual cash value (ACV)

The estimated cost of replacing your home with a similar home of the same year, condition and size, minus depreciation.

Other Structures (Coverage B)

Covers structures not physically attached to your home

Example: storage sheds, detached garages, pool houses

Personal Property (Coverage C)

Covers the depreciated value of your personal property and home contents
Example: clothing, appliances and furniture

Loss of Use (Coverage D)

Covers incurred additional living expenses if you are temporarily unable to live in your home following a covered loss

Personal Liability (Coverage E)

Covers bodily injury or property damage for which you or other people covered by the policy are deemed legally liable

Medical Payments to Others (Coverage F)

Covers reasonable and necessary medical expenses if someone is injured on your property or, under certain circumstances, off the insured property

Web Content Display (Global)

Additional Coverages

Asset Publisher

Certain policy types may include one or more of the following additional coverages:

  • Catastrophic Ground Cover Collapse
  • Credit Card, Fund Transfer Card, Forgery and Counterfeit Money
  • Debris Removal
  • Fire Department Service Charge
  • Fungi, Wet or Dry Rot, Yeast or Bacteria
  • Glass or Safety Glazing Material
  • Landlord’s Furnishings
  • Loss Assessment
  • Ordinance or Law
  • Property Removed
  • Reasonable Repairs
  • Trees, Shrubs and Other Plants
Limits and exclusions may apply. Consult your policy or agent to confirm your policy’s specific coverages and exclusions.