20200817 - Updated Windstorm Protective Device – Proof of Compliance Commercial Form - Public
Web Content Display (Global)
Updated Windstorm Protective Device – Proof of Compliance Commercial Form
August 17, 2020
The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) has approved updates to the Windstorm Protective Device – Proof of Compliance Commercial Form (WPD-1C) effective September 1, 2020, for new and renewal business for Commercial Nonresidential Wind-Only (CNR-W).
- The list of qualified inspectors who can sign the form now includes licensed building contractors and licensed general contractors.
- The form no longer needs to be notarized.
- The hardship acceptance requirements have been removed.
- Old building code qualifier references have been removed.
- Any documentation used to validate the compliance or existence of any windstorm protective device must accompany this form.
- Inspectors must provide at least one photo of each windstorm protective device with the form.
The updated form will be required for inspections beginning September 1. Underwriting will provide a 30-day grace period for inspections that are already in process.
The CNR-W Rates & Rating Rules manual has been updated with this information. The previous version of this form has been removed from our website, and the updated form is available on:
- The Agents website: Select Commercial → CNR-W → Submission → Mitigation
- The Public website: Select Insurance → Get a Policy → Inspections → Your Wind Inspection
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.