2020 Form Changes
December 10, 2019
- The terms assignee, assignment agreement and assignor are defined, and duties are updated for assignees and assignors.
- A provision was added stating that an assignment agreement does not change obligations of the policyholder to perform duties required under a policy.
- The Duties After Loss has been updated to provide additional detail and:
- Enhance requirements for examination under oath and recorded statements
- Further specify the information that must be included with proof of loss provided by the policyholder
- The Suit Against Us condition has been amended to clearly identify a policyholder's and an assignee’s duties prior to filing suit.
- The Loss Payment condition has been amended to specifically inform the policyholder that Citizens will not make duplicate payments for the same element of loss when they do not notify Citizens of the termination of an assignment agreement.
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.