20200324 - Clearinghouse Now Includes Mobile Home Risks - Public
Web Content Display (Global)
Clearinghouse Now Includes Mobile Home Risks
March 24, 2020
The Citizens Property Insurance Clearinghouse now is processing new-business risks for the following policy forms:
- Mobile Homeowners 3 – Special Form (CIT MHO-3)
- Mobilehome Dwelling Property 1 – Basic Form (CIT MDP-1 D)
The clearinghouse processing does not include contents-only risks.
The clearinghouse can be accessed via the Systems menu on the Agents website.
Existing PolicyCenter Quotes
Any existing MHO-3 and MDP-1 D quotes that have not been converted to an application before March 23 now must be submitted through the clearinghouse.
Agents now must enter these risks in the clearinghouse only if the risks meet all Citizens eligibility requirements and coverage is unavailable through an agent’s appointed companies.
When submitting new-business risks, the clearinghouse will prompt the agent to select the desired policy type: HO-3, HO-6, HW-6, HW2, MHO-3, MDP-1, DP-1 or DP-3.
Clearinghouse processing for MHO-3 and MDP-1D renewals will begin later. To help prepare for these renewals, agency principals can request a copy of their book of business by completing an Agency Book-of-Business Request form, which is available under myAgency on the Agents website.
Citizens encourages agents to complete all available clearinghouse training.
- Agents can find general information on the Clearinghouse page of the Agents website, under Programs.
- We have updated the clearinghouse training and reference materials to include the MHO-3 and MDP-1 D policy forms in the Clearinghouse section of the Personal Lines page under Training.
- You can view a webinar recording about mobile home risks and the clearinghouse on the Webinars Recordings page under Training on the Agents website.
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.