Personal Lines: Disciplinary Process for Performance Violations
September 28, 2018
- Circumvents the document submission process
- Submits an ineligible risk
- Submits an uninsurable risk
- Posts premium on an unbound risk
- Fails to upload a premium finance company contract (when applicable)
- Incorrectly applies credits, discounts or surcharges
- Fails to acquire policyholder signature(s) on the application
Disciplinary Process for Performance Violations
If the agent submits:
Citizens will issue:
Citizens will impose:
Citizens will impose:
30 or fewer submissions
A warning notice if the agent receives more than three performance violations
A 30-day suspension if the agent receives three or more additional performance violations in the six months after the warning notice
A 90-day suspension if the agent receives one performance violation in the six months after completing the 30-day suspension
Terminate the agent's agreement if there are any subsequent performance violations within 90 days after completing the 90-day suspension
31 or more submissions
A warning notice if the agent receives performance violations in 10 percent or more of their submissions
A 30-day suspension if the agent receives five or more additional performance violations in the six months after the warning notice
A 90-day suspension if the agent receives three or more performance violations in six months after completing the 30-day suspension
Terminate the agent's agreement if there are any subsequent performance violations within 90 days after the 90-day suspension
- Violations cannot be removed through corrective action taken after the violation occurs. For more details, refer to the resources below.
- Nothing in this communication alters or affects Citizens' disciplinary process for tracking or measuring late submissions.
- Performance violations and late submissions follow two different disciplinary tracks.
- Agent Updates: Personal Lines: Agent Performance Standards Program
- Personal Lines Bulletin: Performance Standards Program Updates
- Training → Personal for the following:
- Disputing a Performance Violation job aid
- Managing Late-Submission Violations job aid
- New Business: Submission through Issuance module
- Uploading and Linking Documents job aid
- Creating an Effective Date Change Request job aid
- Cancelling a Bound Submission with Payment job aid
- Personal Lines Required Document Guides
- Note: These guides also are on the PR-M and PR-W pages of the Personal section of the Agents site.
- myAgency → Agency Forms → General for Agent/Agency Disciplinary Action Appeals Procedures
- Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) from the website’s top menu. Enter Performance Violation in the search field.
- Note: Agents also can access the FAQs via the Knowledge Base link at the top-right corner of every screen in PolicyCenter®.