20180816 - Terrain Issue for Wind-Only Clearinghouse Quotes - Public
Web Content Display (Global)
Terrain Issue for Wind-Only Clearinghouse Quotes
August 16, 2018
Some agents are not receiving a valid Citizens quote in the Property Insurance Clearinghouse for the following policy types:
- Homeowners 2 – Wind-Only Form (HW-2)
- Homeowners 6 – Unit-Owners Wind-Only Form (HW-6)
To receive a valid Citizens quote for HW-2 and HW-6 risks, agents should select C for the Terrain field in the clearinghouse quote.
If the Terrain field shows a different value, the agent must change the Terrain field to C on the Step 1: Provide information screen:
Figure 1: Terrain field on the Step 1: Provide information screen in the clearinghouse
For more information, refer to the Resources section below.
Log into the Agents site:
- Select Personal, then PR-W and the applicable policy form to access links to the Underwriting Guidelines manuals on the right.
- Select Training → Personal for clearinghouse training materials.
- From the website’s top menu, select Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), and enter clearinghouse or terrain.
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.