20180619 - Updated Building Type II and III Mitigation Inspection Form - Public
Web Content Display (Global)
Updated Building Type II and III Mitigation Inspection Form
June 19, 2018
The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation (OIR) has approved updates to Citizens’ Commercial Lines mitigation form, now titled Building Type II and III Mitigation Inspection Form. Agents and licensed inspectors should begin using the updated form immediately. If an agent submits the previous version of the form after August 1, 2018, Underwriting may request additional information or create underwriting actions.
This form is used for CR-M and CR-W condominium and noncondominium risks with four or more stories. It has been revised to align with the following underwriting rules:
- Rule 116. Commercial Residential Multiperil (CR-M)
- Rule 115. Commercial Residential Wind-Only (CR-W)
- At least one photo
This form can be used as an addendum to the mitigation form for Personal Lines (OIR-B1-1802) to capture specific mitigation features for CR-M and CR-W risks with four or more stories.
The previous version has been deleted from our website, and the updated form is available on:
- The Agents website:
- Select Commercial → CR-M → Submission Mitigation
- Select Commercial → CR-W → Submission Mitigation
- The Public website: Select Insurance → Get a Policy → Inspections → Your Wind Inspection
For more information, log in to the Agents site, and:
- From the website’s top menu, select Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). Enter mitigation inspection into the search field.
- For the underwriting guidelines, select Commercial, click on either CR-M or CR-W on the left side of the page, and scroll down to the Manuals section.
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.