20180308 - New myPolicy and Update to Website Login - CL - Public
Web Content Display (Global)
New myPolicy and Update to Website Login
March 08, 2018
Citizens has replaced Manage myPolicy with myPolicy, our new and improved online policyholder self-service tool that’s smartphone-ready. Commercial Lines policyholders now can use myPolicy to view claims information. They also can submit one-time premium payments via the myPolicy Login page. Additional self-service features will be added over time.
To access myPolicy, policyholders must register a myPolicy account.
Login and Systems Access
The Who Are You drop-down menu selections, after clicking Login on the Citizens website, have been discontinued. Now, after users select Login on the Citizens website, they are redirected to a new Login page:
Figure 1: New Login page
Note: Agents should continue to use their PolicyCenter® user name and password to log in to the website and policy systems.
Creating a myPolicy Account
Policyholders can create a myPolicy account by selecting the Register link near the bottom of the new Login page or by selecting Register Now on the right side of the myPolicy page on our website.
Policyholders will need to provide the following information:
- Owner’s first name
- Owner’s last name
- Policy number
- Email address on file with Citizens
- Primary ZIP code
To register for myPolicy, the first named insured’s Primary Email address in PolicyCenter must be used.
Citizens will send a confirmation email to complete the registration process. Policyholders who need to add or change their email address with Citizens should contact their agent or call Citizens Customer Care at 866.411.2742.
If the registration is successful, policyholders will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with their user name and a link to activate their account.
Note: myPolicy automatically assigns the policyholder a user name. It cannot be changed.
Once registrants click the activation link, they will be redirected to myPolicy to set up their password and security questions.
Once a policyholder logs in, myPolicy displays the policy used to register the account. Additional policies can be added to the myPolicy account using the Add a Policy button. For each added policy, the email address used to register for myPolicy must match the first named insured’s Primary Email address for that policy’s record in PolicyCenter.
Commercial Lines policyholders can view their property address, policy status and effective date on the Policies screen. Additional policy details for Commercial Lines policies are not available at this time.
Policyholders can view information about any open or closed claims by selecting Claims in the light blue menu bar. The following information is available:
- Claim status
- Adjuster contact information
- Claims check information details
As shown in Figure 1, the new Login page gives all policyholders the option to submit a one-time premium payment without logging in to myPolicy.
- The Pay Now button directs policyholders to the one-time payment tool, where they will need to enter their policy number and primary ZIP code.
- Payments can be made only for the amount on an invoice.
- Payment for future invoices can be made, but they must be paid in sequential order.
- Making payments on multiple policies must be done in separate online transactions; policyholders should not use the browser’s “back" (⇦) button.
- At this time, policyholders are unable to change their payment plan via myPolicy.
myPolicy Login Assistance
Once a policyholder has created a myPolicy account, they can select the Forgot username/password option at the bottom of the myPolicy Login page. They will be redirected to the Forgot Username/Password screen to provide their user name and registered email address. Once both security questions are answered correctly, a password reset email will be sent to the registered email address.
Policyholders also can reset their password or security questions by selecting the Reset password or security questions links at the bottom of the Login page. In order to reset their password or security questions policyholders must enter their username and password on the myPolicy Login page before selecting the Reset password or security questions links.
To communicate myPolicy’s features and its registration process, Citizens will send a letter in a few weeks to Commercial Lines policyholders who have an open claim with a date of loss of September 1, 2017, or later.
- Log in to the Agents site and from the website’s top menu, select Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and enter myPolicy. Search returns include the myPolicy Overview for Agents job aid.
- Policyholders can search frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the Frequently Asked Questions link on the right side of the Login page.
- For more information regarding the one-time payment tool, refer to the Commercial Lines Bulletin: New Online Payment Option for Policyholders.
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.