20220616 - Condominium, Homeowner and Cooperative Association Coverage - Public
Web Content Display (Global)
Condominium, Homeowner and Cooperative Association Coverage
June 16, 2022
Agents submitting new-business applications for commercial residential condominium, homeowner and cooperative association developments should be aware of the information provided in the June 9, 2016, Commercial Lines Bulletin.
Review the following information for clarification of Citizens’ policy submission requirements and applicable coverage forms to make sure your customers have the appropriate coverage.
Coverage for all condominium association buildings will be issued on a Condominium Association Coverage Form (CP 00 17).
- In PolicyCenter®, the Building Type must reflect Condominium Association.
- The building coverage limit is based upon 100% replacement cost value of a condominium building, which reflects the statutory condominium association and individual unit-owner insuring responsibilities.
Cooperatives and Homeowner Associations
Coverage for all cooperatives and homeowner association buildings will be issued on a Building and Personal Property Coverage Form (CP 00 10).
- In PolicyCenter, the Building Type must reflect Cooperative Buildings or Homeowner Association.
- The building coverage limit is based upon a 100% replacement cost value of the structure to be insured.
As a reminder:
- Citizens will not insure cooperative or homeowner association buildings on the Condominium Association Coverage Form (CP 00 17).
- Citizens will require agents to resubmit applications that do not meet the submission requirements outlined above.
For underwriting requirements, log in to the Agents site, select Commercial, and then select CR-M or CR-W on the left side of the page. You can then select Manuals in the center menu to review the underwriting guidelines.
For assistance with new-business submissions, select Training to access online learning and job aids:
- Select Citizens Essentials to access the elearning module Citizens Essentials 5: Commercial Residential
- Select Commercial Job Aids to access the job aids:
You also can select FAQs from the top menu. Enter +condo +association in the Search field.
Citizens provides agent communications online for historical purposes only, and the communications have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals, and by logging in and accessing our FAQs, which are available from the top of any page on our website.