Wind-Only Construction Classification Changes
五月 07, 2015 - IE #018-15
Citizens is updating PolicyCenter® to display construction classifications mirroring the underwriting construction classification changes that were outlined in ATB# 024-14. These changes will apply to new-business and renewal policies effective on and after July 1, 2015, for the following policy types:
- Commercial Nonresidential Wind-Only (CNR-W)
- Commercial Nonresidential Wind-Only Builders Risk (CNRW-BR)
- Commercial Residential Wind-Only (CR-W)
Changes to PolicyCenter for these policy types include:
- The Group II Construction field will default automatically to None Selected, and agents must select the applicable Group II Construction classification value for new-business submissions:
- Semi Wind Resistive
- Wind Resistive
- The Group II Construction field will display the classification from the prior term for policies with effective dates prior to July 1, 2015.
- The Construction Type field no longer will display on the Buildings and Locations Details screen.
Displaying the construction type under Group II Construction rather than Construction Type has no premium impact. Applications and Declarations pages for these policies will display N/A for the Construction Type, and the Group II Construction will display one of the classification values listed above.
For more details refer to the commercial lines CNR-W and CR-W Rates and Rating Rules.
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.