Citizens developed the Property Insurance Clearinghouse renewals program to help our policyholders find private-market policy options that may provide comparable or better coverage with premiums equal to or less than those offered by Citizens. All private-market companies participating in the clearinghouse must be authorized to do business in Florida by the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation.
The following Citizens renewal policy types are entered into the clearinghouse prior to renewal:
- Multiperil homeowners (HO-3)
- Multiperil condominium unit owners (HO-6)
- Dwelling Property 1 and 3 (DP-1 and DP-3). Excludes DP-1 and DP-3 tenant contents and condominium-unit policies.
Additional policy types will be added over time.
Returning to Citizens
You may apply to return to Citizens under the eligibility requirements for renewing policyholders if all of the following conditions are met:
- You have been declared ineligible for renewal with Citizens in the previous 36 months due to a private-market offer of coverage extended through the Property Insurance Clearinghouse.
- You accepted the offer.
- You remain with the participating insurance company.
- The rate on your policy has increased by more than 10 percent on an annual basis.
If you meet the above criteria and wish to reapply for Citizens coverage, contact your agent.
If you do not meet the criteria outlined above, you must meet the eligibility requirements for new applicants if you wish to return to Citizens.
* All risks are subject to approval by Underwriting and must meet all Citizens Underwriting eligibility guidelines, as outlined in Citizens' Underwriting Manuals.
Find a Citizens Agent
A local Citizens agent is just a click away! Enter one or more search terms in the boxes below to find a Citizens agent near you.
Policyholders eligible to return to Citizens will be processed through the Clearinghouse using the following eligibility criteria:
Eligible to Return
- No comparable private-market offers of coverage are received
- Comparable private-market offers of coverage are received, but the premiums are higher than the Citizens premium
Ineligible to Return
- At least one comparable private-market offer of coverage is received with a premium equal to or less than the Citizens premium
The following public services also can help consumers and their agents identify available private-market coverage: