Commercial Lines Bulletin
Enhancement to myPolicy: Submit Claims
Junho 25, 2018
Citizens’ new policyholder self-service tool, myPolicy, has been enhanced with a new feature: policyholders now can file a claim directly online.
Registered policyholders can log into myPolicy and file a claim by choosing Claims in the light blue menu bar, then selecting File a Claim:
Figure 1: myPolicy Claims screen
Policyholders should enter the following information:
- Date of loss
- Cause of loss
- The cause of loss cannot be edited after the policyholder proceeds to the next screen. If the cause of loss needs to be edited, the policyholder must cancel the claim by clicking Cancel, and then file a new claim.
- Details of the loss
- Preferred contact information for the policyholder
Once the claim is submitted, policyholders can select Print on the Confirmation screen to keep a copy for their records.
As a reminder, policyholders also can view information about any open or closed claim by selecting Claims in the light blue menu bar. The following information is available:
- Claim status
- Adjuster contact information
- Claim check information details
- Commercial Lines Bulletin: New myPolicy and Update to Website Login
- Selecting Cause of Loss and Detailed Cause of Loss When Submitting a Claim in myPolicy guide for policyholders
- Log in to the Agents site and from the website’s top menu, select Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and enter myPolicy. Search returns include the myPolicy Overview for Agents job aid.
- Policyholders can search frequently asked questions (FAQs) by selecting the Frequently Asked Questions link on the right side of the myPolicy Login page and using the keyword myPolicy.