Hurricane Irma Emergency Order
Setembro 25, 2017
- A policy note will be added to PolicyCenter® reflecting any action taken.
- A copy of the letter sent to policyholders regarding the extension of coverage will be added to PolicyCenter.
- If you have questions or feel that a customer impacted by this rule was not identified by Citizens, call 888.685.1555, and an Underwriter will review the file.
- Agents who have been identified as having impacted policies will be contacted by their Citizens Agency Field Manager. They also will receive an Agent Alert with more detailed information and instructions for policy handling.
- It prevents Citizens from nonrenewing or cancelling a personal residential or commercial residential policy, where Hurricane Irma damaged the insured dwelling or residential property, for at least 90 days after the dwelling or residential property has been repaired. Exceptions apply.
- It provides policyholders who were required to perform any act or submit information with respect to their policy by September 4, 2017, more time to supply required information. This does not apply to any premium due in the normal course of business, to new policies issued on or after September 10, 2017, or supplying information regarding a Hurricane Irma claim.
- It is not applicable to policyholder-requested cancellations.
- It is not applicable to assumed policies in our depopulation program.
- It is not applicable to policies that have been removed from Citizens due to offers from the Property Insurance Clearinghouse.
- It is expected to delay the effective dates for 2018 rates. Timelines for rules and form changes are being reviewed. As usual, changes will be communicated via an Agent Bulletin and at least 30 days prior to the effective date of the change.
Agent Bulletins are provided for historical purposes only and have not been updated to include any changes that may have been made after publication. Agents can find the latest information by reviewing the applicable underwriting manuals and by logging in, then selecting Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions.