Citizens-Endorsed Inspection Companies for Wind Mitigation Inspections
Junho 13, 2013 - IE #010-13
As a service to our applicants and policyholders, Citizens now endorses the following three highly qualified inspection companies to provide wind mitigation inspections:
Property owners applying for coverage with Citizens and existing policyholders who apply for wind mitigation premium discounts must have a wind mitigation inspection performed by a Florida-licensed, authorized inspector. Property owners may select any Florida-licensed and authorized mitigation inspector to perform the inspection.
Citizens-endorsed inspection companies:
- Ensure that their inspectors meet the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation minimum licensing standards
- Verify that their inspectors have passed criminal background checks
- Provide, and require their inspectors to attend, annual industry training courses
When an applicant or policyholder hires a Citizens-endorsed inspection company, the inspection agreement is solely between the property owner and the inspection company. Property owners and agents should contact the inspection company directly for information about:
- Inspection fees and payment options
- Appointment scheduling
- The inspection process
- Inspection report delivery options (e.g., U.S. mail, fax, email, etc.)
The applicant or policyholder should give you a copy of the complete inspection report, including photographs.
Selecting a Citizens-endorsed inspector to perform an inspection does not guarantee wind mitigation discounts or that the property will not be re-inspected to verify that wind mitigation discounts were applied correctly.