Mandatory Electronic Document Submission Is Now Live
Janeiro 25, 2013 - IE #003-13
Effective Thursday, January 24, 2013, agents must upload all personal lines ePAS policy submissions through the Electronic Document Submission (EDS) system. This includes all new-business applications and the associated required documents, as well as policy changes, cancellations and other similar requests. Citizens announced this requirement earlier in IE #001-13: Personal Residential Policies: Mandatory Electronic Document Submission and Upcoming Training.
Citizens has enhanced the EDS system to provide a more efficient new-business submission process. Agents will receive validation when they have uploaded all the required documentation for an application. The application then will be auto-approved or sent for underwriting review.
This will reduce unnecessary follow-ups, and administrative costs and will shorten overall processing time.
EDS enhancements include:
- A document upload ”staging” area for awaiting documents
- An individual folder per document for easy identification
- An Upload/View Documents link to view documents already uploaded
- A document upload summary report
- A Refresh button for real-time status of uploads
Note: A future release will increase the document upload limit from five to seven documents.
Refer to IE #001-13 for a description of the EDS enhancements, and review the updated online tutorials, printable training materials and reference sheets.
Reminders for Agents:
- Applications will be sent for underwriting review only after all required documents are uploaded.
- Policies rewritten using the Copy/Rewrite function on or after January 24, 2013, are subject to this submission process.
- Please ensure that all submitted documents are current and accurate for each new-business application submission. Underwriting does not transfer documents from a previous policy to a new application.
- Citizens’ fax numbers no longer will be available for submitting required documents.
- Please share this important information with all agency staff to ensure compliance.