January 17, 2019
Agents now can submit a completed roof permit as acceptable documentation for Florida Building Code (FBC) equivalent roof credits when the permit application date is March 1, 2002, or later and the completed permit clearly shows that:
- It is applicable to the roof.
- The roof work has been completed.
- The completed roof has been inspected by a city or county building official.
- The entire roof was replaced.
For existing policies, submit a policy change in PolicyCenter®, and upload the permit and current photos showing each side of the roofline.
Once approved, Citizens will apply the credit effective the inception date of the current policy term or, if the roof was replaced during the current policy term, the date the agent submitted the request.
- All other requirements for the credit must apply.
- Underwriting may request additional information, such as a completed Uniform Mitigation Verification Inspection Form (OIR-B1-1802), to apply the credit.
- For new-business applications being processed through the Property Insurance Clearinghouse, select FBC Equivalent in the Roof Cover field.
For more information, log in to the Agents site, and:
- Select Training → Personal for the Policy Changes (Module)
- From the website’s top menu, select Search → Search Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), and enter FBC in the search field