Experiencing a loss can be stressful and confusing. Reporting a claim should not be.
You can report a claim 24/7/365 using one of two convenient options:
Report Your Claim Online
You can report your claim by computer or smartphone through myPolicy, Citizens’ online, policyholder self-service tool. You can use myPolicy to submit a claim online and to view your policy, claims and billing information. You also can make payments under certain conditions.
- To report a claim through myPolicy, you will need a myPolicy account. Information about how to register for myPolicy is available on our myPolicy page.
- Once you logged into your myPolicy account, navigate to the Claims tab and click the blue Report a Claim button to start your claim.
Report Your Claim by Phone
Citizens’ toll-free claims hotline is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Claims Hotline – 866.411.2742
When you call, a friendly customer service representative will ask you for the following information:
- Your policy number
- Your contact information, including any temporary addresses or phone numbers where you can be reached if you have been displaced
- Damage description (example: tree fell on roof, lightning struck house)
- Mortgage company information (if applicable)
Call even if you are missing some of this information. Citizens will be able to assist you.
Important policy contract changes affect payment for emergency measures and permanent repairs following a loss. All new and renewing HO-3, HO-6 and DP-3 policies are affected.
Learn what is changing.
Policyholder Declaration of Rights
Citizens is committed to providing the best possible customer service to its policyholders. As part of that commitment, Citizens adheres to the following:
- Created by Citizens as part of its Plan of Operation
- Applies to all Citizens policyholders
- Created by the Florida Legislature
- Applies to any personal residential property insurance claim filed with property and casualty insurance companies operating in Florida