New Agent of Record Change Procedures
9月 04, 2013 - IE #017-13
Effective 10/1/2013, agents can submit an Agent of Record Transfer Form at any time during the policy term, to request a change of the agent of record (AOR). Citizens no longer will accept submission of a new application to change the AOR.
To request an AOR change, complete the Agent of Record Transfer Form. It must be signed by the policyholder, requesting agent and the agency principal. Incomplete forms will not be processed, and the requesting agent and agency principal will receive an Unable to Process Your Request email notification.
Submit the completed Agent of Record Transfer Form to Citizens via email. Do not submit the AOR requests via Electronic Document Submission upload.
- Requesting agent completes an Agent of Record Transfer Form and submits to Citizens via email.
- Citizens emails the current agent and agency principal an Acknowledgement of Request to Change Agent of Record, providing them 10 business days to contact the policyholder and rescind the requested AOR transfer.
To rescind the requested AOR transfer, Citizens must receive a newly completed Agent of Record Transfer Form signed by the current agent, agency principal and policyholder to supersede the original request. As a result:
- Citizens will not transfer the policy(ies) to the requesting agent.
- Citizens will email a Rescission of Request to Change Agent of Record notification to the requesting agent and agency principal, informing them that we will not process the AOR transfer request. A copy of their original form will be attached.
If Citizens does not receive a newly completed Agent of Record of Transfer Form from the current agent and agency principal within 10 business days of their receipt of the Acknowledgement of Request to Change Agent of Record:
- Citizens will assign the policy(ies) to the requesting agent.
- Citizens will email a Confirmation of Change in Agent of Record notice to the requesting agent and agency principal.
- Citizens will mail a Notice of Agent Change to the policyholder, requesting agency and an additional interest(s) listed on the policy. These notices will be available in both eDOCS and ePAS View Output.
- ePAS will display:
- The requesting agency’s contact information under the Agent Information section of the Applicant tab.
- An Agent Change icon. Click the icon to view the prior agent and agency information.
- For midterm AOR changes only: A system-generated, Mid-Term Transfer journal note with the prior agency information
Transfers processed at renewal:
Citizens continues to pay commissions to the AOR listed on the policy at the time of new business, renewal issuance, endorsements and cancellations. Commissions for policies that are transferring at renewal will be paid to the receiving agent at renewal, in the applicable commission month.
Transfers processed midterm:
If an AOR is changed midterm, commissions for the policy at the time of the transfer no longer will be paid to the ceding agent. In addition, from the date of the transfer, the new agency is responsible for both negative and positive commissions.
- Policies that are in an application, withdrawn or cancelled status or that have been selected for assumption are not eligible for an AOR change.
- Changes to policies that require a change in policy form also require a new-business application and are subject to new-business eligibility guidelines.
- A power-of-attorney signature is acceptable on the Agent of Record Transfer Form, with proper documentation.
- Agents and policyholders should allow at least 15 business days after Citizens receives the first Agent of Record Transfer Form, for confirmation of any change.
- For additional assistance or to check the status of an AOR change request, email Agency Administration or contact 800.737.5822.